Waiheke Island Viognier 2019
Price from: $34.00
This year we foot stomped a small percentage of the fruit, and whole-bunch pressed the rest. This has created a lovely textural wine with fruit purity and definition. Bush honey, apricot, spicy orange zest, lemonade and elderflower fragrances characterise this aromatic wine. We aged the wine for an extra few months than usual this year, using a concrete egg, French acacia, and oak large format barrels. This technique has allowed for excellent flavour development and phenolic integration. The juicy fruit and balanced, fresh palate has been refined by blending a touch of marsanne and a twinkle of pinot gris. She’s known to be a soft-hearted golden girl with an unwavering backbone. Never one to be content in the background, she is quick-witted and overflowing with personality.
- Winemaker: Nick Pett, Chloe Somerset
- Variety: Viognier, Marsanne, Pinot Gris
- Region: Waiheke Island
- Vineyards: Brown and Edwards Vineyards
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Fermentation/Aging: Fermented in a concrete egg and aged in French acacia and oak
- Sweetness: Dry
- Cellaring Potential: Enjoyable upon release this wine will reward cellaring of a further two years.