Awatere Valley Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2016
Price from: $28.00
Papaya, gooseberry, vanilla and guava aromas all come together in a striking fusion with hints of flinty struck match. The palate has a lovely toasty backbone surrounded by zesty acidity, pith like phenolics and nice fruit weight through the mid-palate. The finish goes on and on for miles, I can still taste it now; 10 minutes later. This fumé blanc style sauvignon makes its own rules; the freshly pressed tuxedo might be a classic, but the shoes are Converse.
- Wine Maker: Chloe Somerset
- Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Region: Awatere Valley, Marlborough
- Vineyards: Rocky Vineyard
- Alcohol: 13%
- Fermentation/Aging: Wild fermented and matured in French oak for 10 months.
- Sweetness: Dry
- Cellaring Potential: Enjoy now and for next 5-10 years