Pinot Noir 2019, Rocky Vineyard, Awatere Valley
Price from: $48.00
Initial striking aromas of red fruit, cherries and strawberries seduce the nose, before a second glance reveals the earthy, smoky and dried herb characters that are layered gently in the background supporting the luscious fruit. The deep colour of this wine indicates the power of the vintage at hand, continued on the palate with the combination of juicy acidity and stony minerality working in harmony to tell the story of this vineyard. The use of aged French oak allows for supple, approachable tannins giving this wine maturity beyond its years, drinking superbly now and will age will age well for the next 5+ years.
- Winemaker: Chloe Somerset
- Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
- Vintage: 2019
- Region: Awatere Valley, Marlborough
- Vineyards: Rocky Vineyard
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- Fermentation/Aging: 100% wild fermentation, aged for 12 months in French Oak
- Sweetness: Dry
- Cellaring Potential: This wine will reward cellaring for 5+ years, or will be thoroughly enjoyable upon release.
- Awards & Reviews: 94pts Sam Kim – Wine Orbit, 93pts James Suckling, 90pts Bob Campbell