Pinot Noir 2019, Cinders Vineyard, Awatere Valley
Price from: $48.00
Deep and complex savoury aromas of cherry wood, gun-smoke, rose petal, campari and dried herbs integrate with underlying earthy tones. The site where this Pinot was grown, is expressed wonderfully, especially on the palate; a delicate minerally texture has ensued from the river-stone built soils, and a distinct salinity reflects close proximity to the ocean. The palate is vibrant and poised with wonderful balance and a distinguished tannin structure. A gem from a fantastic vintage for the Awatere Valley.
- Winemaker: Chloe Somerset
- Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
- Vintage: 2019
- Region: Awatere Valley, Marlborough
- Vineyards: Cinders Vineyard
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- Fermentation/Aging: 100% wild fermentation, aged in French oak barriques, 21% new
- Sweetness: Dry
- Cellaring Potential: This wine will reward cellaring for 10+ years, or will be thoroughly enjoyable upon release.
- Awards & Reviews: 94pts Sam Kim – Wine Orbit, 93pts James Suckling, 90pts Bob Campbell