Cable Bay Pinot Noir 2018
Price from: $36.00
Savoury aromas of cherry wood, gun-smoke, rose petal, campari and dried herbs integrate with underlying earthy tones. The site where this Pinot was grown is expressed wonderfully, especially on the palate; a delicate minerally texture has ensued from the river-stone built soils, and a distinct salinity reflects close proximity to the ocean. The palate is vibrant and poised with wonderful balance and a distinguished tannin structure. A gem from a fantastic vintage for the Awatere Valley.
- Winemaker: Chloe Somerset
- Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
- Vintage: 2018
- Region: Awatere Valley, Marlborough
- Vineyards: Cinders Vineyard
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- Fermentation/Aging: 100% wild fermentation, aged in French oak barriques
- Sweetness: Dry
- Cellaring Potential: This wine will reward cellaring for 7+ years, or will be thoroughly enjoyable upon release.