Awatere Valley Pinot Gris 2018
Price from: $23.00
Awatere Valley Pinos Gris 2018
From grapes of naturally low yielding, 23-year-old vines, we have created a wine full of flavour, depth, body and vitality. The aromatics burst from the glass; fresh rock melon, lime, toasted Manuka wood, cinnamon and apple crumble. Before pressing, the grapes were soaked on their skins extracting beautiful grapefruit pithy phenolics, forming the basis of a sure-footed palate. The mineral texture and persistency of this characteristic lend to the river stones and fossilised shells that the vines grow on. This wine is an honest expression of our vineyard and the growing season of 2018 in Marlborough.
- Wine Maker: Chloe Somerset
- Variety: 100% Pinot Gris
- Region: Awatere Valley, Marlborough
- Vineyards: Rocky Vineyard
- Alcohol: 13%
- Fermentation/Aging: Fermented in a stainless steel vat, partially aged in oak.
- Sweetness: Dry
- Cellaring Potential: Enjoyable upon release and over the next 2-3 years