Chardonnay 2019, Waiheke Island, Estate Vineyard
Price from: $42.00
From grapes grown on naturally low yielding, 22 year old vines, this wine has vibrancy and complexity, with lemon blossom, grapefruit, peach and earthy clay pot aromas complementing a fresh and focused palate. Fine phenolic texture and minerally acidity add depth and length respectively. The salinity from the ocean, baking spice flavours from ageing in oak, together with juicy tree fruit notes from the grapes, round out what is truly a charming wine from a fantastic vintage.
- Winemaker: Chloe Somerset
- Variety: 100% Chardonnay
- Region: Waiheke Island
- Vineyards: Home Block, Edwards Vineyard
- Alcohol: 13%
- Fermentation/Aging: See ‘winemaking’ below for details
- Sweetness: Dry
- Cellaring Potential: Drinking beautifully now and enjoy for the next 10+ years.
- Awards & Reviews: 90pts James Suckling, 90pts Bob Campbell